For Sale $847,000.00 - Commercial, Retail
Lucrative opportunity to retire and own a commercial property with potential in Cannon Beach, Oregon (only 75 minutes drive from Portland)
• Business includes a sizable convenient market
• Popular surf shop with locals and visiting surfers
• Gateway to a large hotel property that has high volume of guests year around.
• Quaint town without National franchise eatery
• Small town feel but has over 750,000 visitors a year
• Walk to the beach in minutes
• Located directly across from Civic Center
• Enjoy a retirement lifestyle while running your business at the same time
Cannon Beach Economy
Year-over-year increases in tourism’s impact on Clatsop County, including a more than 27 percent increase in direct spending, from $405.2 million in 2010 to $516.7 million in 2014. The report found that every $94,460 spent by visitors creates one job; and every $100 in visitor spending generates $27 in employee earnings and $4.20 in local and state tax revenue.
According to the most recent report, 22.3 percent of Clatsop County’s employment in 2013 could be tied to the travel industry, the highest mark in the state and just barely ahead of Lincoln County. Clatsop County’s annual overnight visitor days in 2014, divided by the county’s population, translated to 27 percent of its population on a given night being visitors.
“Travel supports more than 15 million jobs across the nation, including more than 100,000 jobs here in Oregon.” said Todd Davidson, CEO of Travel Oregon. “Not only does National Travel and Tourism Week celebrate the benefits of travel in our community, but the monumental week also allows us to inform elected officials and local citizens about the industry’s true widespread effect in Oregon and across America.” Locally, the Travel Effect is especially significant, Davidson said. He pointed to the fact travel and tourism generated $10.3 billion in economic impact in Oregon in 2014.